E-learning and (optional) workshops: The e-learning consists of 8 compulsory modules. The workshops are optional and are composed of a basic and an optional module. The e-learning needs to be completed before participating in the workshops. The basic workshop session is mandatory for all those participating in the workshops.. The optional workshop sessions focusses on clinical data and are optional.
- can be started at any date. After application we will send you a link to the e-learning.
- May 31 and June 1, 2021
The e-learning and basic workshop session address topics of interest to any researcher that deals with data, while the optional workshop sessions on clinical data targets clinical researchers. We advise to take the course in the beginning of your PhD trajectory.
3-4 hours for the e-learning is equal to 0.2 ETCS.
The course with workshops included is valid for 0.5 ETCS. 4 hours for the basic workshop session (including homework) and 6 additional hours for the workshops sessions on clinical data.
- What is research data management, FAIR principles
- Amsterdam UMC procedures on research data management
- The research data lifecycle
- Study preparation: privacy aspects, reuse of data, data capture systems, data storage
- Data collection: data validation, change control
- Processing & analysis: version control, statistical analysis plan
- Writing & publishing: linking data to a publication
- Archiving & open data: tooling, open/restricted access
Basic workshop session:
- E-learning: questions and answers
- Demos of finding existing data and samples collections
- Practice: FAIR data management
- Practie: Write your own datamanagement plan
Optional workshop sessions on clinical data:
- Practice: Write your own Datamanagement plan
- Practice: Write a Statistical analysis plan for a case study
- Practice: Data validation and management in the statistical environment (SPSS)
- Practice on preparing the database for statistical analysis (SPSS)
Number of participants
E-learning: no limit / workshops: 25 participants.
E-learning only: no certificate issued.
Workshops: a certificate is issued after attending and actively participated in workshop sessions.
Dr. R.A. Scholte / Data Management / email@example.com / tel. +31 (0)20 - 566 7649.
Go to the application form.