To support clinicians talent at the crucial stage in their innovative research towards successful future grant applications.
Clinicians within 6 years after their PhD with potential to start/continue their own research line and research group within one of the AII programs.
What can be applied for
The Clinician Research grant, with a maximum of € 80.000, will fund salary costs, publishing costs, travel costs and consumables. For publishing costs, travel costs and consumables there is a maximum of € 25.000.
- The applicant is in the first 61 years after obtaining his/her PhD-degree.
- The applicant needs to be (or become) embedded in at least one of the programs of the AII research institute.
- Only completed application forms are eligible for evaluation.
- The applicant needs to provide a detailed budget plan
- The applicant needs to provide an overview of other grant applications, submitted and currently under review.
 There may be a possibility to extend the upper limit of 6 years after PhD in some cases (medical training, parental leave etc), please address this in the application and refer to your CV
- Motivation on how this grant will be crucial for the career of the applicant
- Scientific quality of the project (counts for 40% in the candidate's score)
- Relevance of the project for AII (counts for 20% in the candidate's score)
- CV/Scientific potential of the applicant & improved prospects for new subsequent funding (counts for 40% in the candidate's score)
February 1st, 23:59 hrs.
The AII Grant committee will evaluate the applications of the researchers based on the aforementioned criteria. A maximum of 8 candidates will be invited to present a pitch on March 2nd, 2022. Applicants will be informed about the final outcome on March 9th, 2022.
Requirements after obtaining the Clinical Research Grant
- We expect the granted clinician to join our AII postdoc committee.
- We expect the granted clinician to write subsequent grants to remain embedded in at least one of the programs of the AII research institute.
- Refer to the Clinical Research Grant in the acknowledgements of any publications resulting from the research performed funded by this grant by adding “This research was supported by a Clinical Research Grant of the Amsterdam institute for Infection and Immunity” to the acknowledgements.
- Scientific final report describing how this grant has helped you to build your CV and network and which new knowledge, valuable to AII, has been obtained and to present this on an AII meeting.
- Financial final report.