After the supervisor has approved the manuscript and checked and approved the courses and activities done, in Hora Finita, you are expected to submit a request to the PhD committee of the Research Institute (see link in 'Downloads' below), to assess the completed training programme in the manner established (also see note 1). The following steps need to be taken:
- The PhD committee of the Research Institute assesses and hopefully approves the completed training programme
- You upload the final manuscript in Hora Finita
- Meanwhile your supervisor adds the proposal for composition of the Doctorate Board in Hora Finita
- Both the VUmc Office of Doctorate Affairs (Promotiezaken) and the Dean assess the composition of the committee
The supervisor first polls the candidate members of the Doctorate Board, on willingness and availability to assess the PhD candidate's manuscript and then fills out in Hora Finita the tab ‘Assessment’ (in Dutch: 'Promotiecommissie (beoordeling)).
After approval of the Doctorate Board the members will receive an invitation to assess the manuscript within 30 days in Hora Finita. If applicable, an automatically generated reminder will be sent on day 21.
- If desired a degree supplement can be downloaded from Hora Finita.
Note 1: Did you start your PhD trajectory before 1 April 2015?
See note 5 in Submitting the manuscript.