Postdocs (fundamental, translational, clinical researchers) within 6 years after their PhD with potential to start/continue their own research line and research group within one of the AII programs.
What can be applied for
The postdoc grant, with a maximum of € 80.000 will fund salary costs (for postdoc salary), publishing costs, travel costs and consumables.
- The applicant is in the first 6* years after obtaining his/her PhD-degree. There may be a possibility to extend the upper limit of 6 years after PhD in some cases (medical training, parental leave etc), please address this in the application and refer to your CV.
- The applicant needs to be (or become) embedded in at least one of the programs of the AII research institute.
- Only completed application forms are eligible for evaluation. The applicant needs to be open and transparent about other submitted grant applications.
- The applicant needs to provide an overview of other grant applications, submitted and currently under review. You may need to make a choice between this postdoc grant and other grants obtained in the event these grants are overlapping.
- Motivation on how this grant will be crucial for the career of the applicant
- Scientific quality and relevance of the project
- Scientific potential of the applicant & improved prospects for new subsequent funding
March 28th, 2021, 23:59 hrs.
The AII Grant committee will evaluate the applications of the researchers based on the aforementioned criteria. A maximum of 8 candidates will be invited for an online interview on May 2021. Applicants will be informed about the final outcome in June 2021.
[*] There may be a possibility to extend the upper limit of 6 years after PhD in some cases (medical training, parental leave etc), please address this in the application and refer to your CV.