first check if you fulfill the requirements:
- The PhD Publication Award is given to the first author of a report on original scientific research, published in a peer reviewed scientific journal last year
- The research reported in the paper is or will be included in the PhD thesis of the candidate, a thesis defended or to be defended at the University of Amsterdam or Vrije Universiteit of Amsterdam
- The PhD Publication Award is given to the first author of a report on original scientific research, published in a peer reviewed scientific journal of last year
- The first author of the paper must be registered as an Amsterdam UMC PhD candidate
- Ask the Prinicpal Investigator to write a recommendation letter
- Submit the article and a PDF of the publication to: firstname.lastname@example.org
One PDF containing:
- The publication
- A letter of recommendation from an AMC Principal Investigator in which the quality of the publication is illustrated and in which the relevance, significance and originality of the research are highlighted. (E-pubs and prints are admissible, manuscripts accepted but not yet published in 2020 are not admissible)
The Amsterdam UMC Doctoral School presents annual awards for three most outstanding PhD publications. In the medical sciences, the PhD thesis consists primarily of a series of published scientific papers. The quality, the originality and the impact of the publication, and the input of the PhD candidate in the paper will be taken into account.
A jury of experienced AMC scientists will evaluate the submissions and look for quality and originality of the publication, and dedication and independence of the researcher.
All candidates will receive notification by e-mail from the Doctoral School and learn whether they have won. The winners will be announced and will receive their award at the annual Awards Session.