AGEM will contribute €250 towards the printing costs of theses for AGEM PhD candidates, graduating in 2021 or 2022.
The conditions for the contribution are as follows:
- the PhD candidate is registered with the institute (in Hora Finita for VUmc PhD-students), receives mails and newsletters, either from the beginning of the project, or as of the start of the institute;
- the PhD candidate attended the annual AGEM retreat at least twice and an AGEM symposium minimally once during her/his PhD period;
- the majority or at least three of the publications in the PhD thesis name the Amsterdam Gastroenterology Endocrinology Metabolism research institute as affiliation (see Research information for correct affiliation for publications and theses);
- the PhD candidate informs the AGEM institute of the title, time, date and place of the thesis defense as soon as a date has been set, including the names of the (co)promotors;
- the declaration of the actual costs must be done within three months after the printing costs are made.
The PhD candidate should send the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete applications and declarations submitted later than three months after the printing costs are made, will not be taken into consideration.
If your application is approved the following text should be printed in the thesis:
“Financial support for printing of this thesis was kindly provided by the Amsterdam Gastroenterology Endocrinology Metabolism (AGEM) research institute”
For publication on the AGEM website and/or newsletter the PhD candidate sends the institute:
1. a picture (JPG) of the cover of the thesis
2. a digital copy (PDF) or a link to the open source publication of the thesis
3. a short English summary of the thesis (75 words) in layman’s terms
4. a picture of himself/herself (resolution min. 300 dpi)
Declaration of the actual costs must be done within 3 months after the printing costs are made. Proof of payment of the printing costs and the AGEM letter stating your application has been approved have to be included in the declaration. You will receive the declaration instructions once your application has been approved.
For questions contact Eva Dirkx-Beuling: email@example.com