There is a large variety of methods, designs and measures available in implementation science, from a wide range of disciplines. Choose the one(s) that suit your research best.
- Brown, C. H., Curran, G., Palinkas, L. A., Aarons, G. A., Wells, K. B., Jones, L., ... & Cruden, G. (2017). An overview of research and evaluation designs for dissemination and implementation. Annual review of public health, 38, 1-22.
- Proctor, E., Silmere, H., Raghavan, R., Hovmand, P., Aarons, G., Bunger, A., ... & Hensley, M. (2011). Outcomes for implementation research: conceptual distinctions, measurement challenges, and research agenda. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research, 38(2), 65-76.
- Peters, D. H., Adam, T., Alonge, O., Agyepong, I. A., & Tran, N. (2013). Implementation research: what it is and how to do it. Bmj, 347.
- Curran, G. M., Bauer, M., Mittman, B., Pyne, J. M., & Stetler, C. (2012). Effectiveness-implementation hybrid designs: combining elements of clinical effectiveness and implementation research to enhance public health impact. Medical care, 50(3), 217.
- Mazzucca, S., Tabak, R. G., Pilar, M., Ramsey, A. T., Baumann, A. A., Kryzer, E., ... & Brownson, R. C. (2018). Variation in research designs used to test the effectiveness of dissemination and implementation strategies: a review. Frontiers in public health, 6, 32.
- Chaudoir, S. R., Dugan, A. G., & Barr, C. H. (2013). Measuring factors affecting implementation of health innovations: a systematic review of structural, organizational, provider, patient, and innovation level measures. Implementation science, 8(1), 1-20.
- Step by step guide to implementation research | Implementation Science Resource Hub | University of Washington | https://impsciuw.org/implementation-science/research/
- Study Designs and Measures in Implementation Sciences | Rachel Shelton | IRL – Research and Science Course | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FajrC1E0tc&t=1s
Advancing Implementation Science through Measure Development and Evaluation | Cara Lewis | NCIwebinars | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGXVhRQXiz4
- Connect with implementation scientists
- Introduction to Implementation Science
- Implementation theories, models & frameworks
- Study methods, designs & measures
- Implementation strategies
- Participatory research & stakeholder engagement
- Implementation Science in NL