Funding over the period 2017 - 2020
All granted projects were identified as excellent, innovative, multidisciplinary and translational research projects within the movement theme, that would strengthen and further the collaboration, and a total of €2M in grants have been financed by the institute.
There have been calls especially aimed at researchers in various stages of their research careers, all aimed at stimulating multidisciplinary collaboration and initiate excellent research on the Movement Theme.
- Post-doc, Tenure development and (Clinical) Leadership calls aimed at young, talented researchers;
- Grant application calls aimed at stimulating researchers in their path to obtaining prestigious grants, either from the EU or the Dutch Research Council (NWO);
- A call for feasibility studies for pilot projects in preparation of grant proposals;
- Infrastructure and investment calls to finance novel equipment of high relevance for the institute’s researchers;
- Two rounds of PhD calls;
- Several rounds aimed at talented PhD candidates and MA students to further their careers at different labs either in the Netherlands or abroad.
Funding over the period 2021 - 2024
Over the period 2021 – 2024 there will be new funding for research available. This will be used to further strengthen the five AMS research programs, the core focus areas and multidisciplinary collaboration, to initiate new, and strengthen existing links with both the clinic and our collaboration partners in the applied field. Details about how the funding will be realized will be announced early 2021.